Sunday, February 14, 2010

So far, I'm a bad blog keeper!



I finally get my blog up and running, and then I fail to take good care of it. WHOOPS!

Some exciting stuff has happened though, and I would love to tell you about it! I knit some stuff, bought too much yarn, and went to a concert! Lets start with the knitting part.

I went to my LYS (that means local yarn shop for all you out there that aren't knitting folk) last week to get a new pair of needles for a project I wanted to start to surprise my fiance Sterling with... but I looked over at the wall of Malabrigo yarn, and there hung a beautiful skein of the colorway "sunset" and I fell in love! I love orange, it's one of my favorite things in the whole wide world, and this yarn just screamed for me to buy it. So I purchased one skein with a pattern kinda in mind, yet I still really had no idea what I was going to do with it. I went home that night and pulled up a pattern for a hat called foliage. What would be better for a hat called foliage than a beautiful sunny orange??? I immediately sat down and started knitting away on the hat, and was soon addicted to the pattern, the yarn, the happy little family the two made!!!

I've also been working on some scarves for gifts, one of which is blocking right now, the other I love so much I'm going to keep it, and it needs to be blocked, so pictures of those will come very soon! (If I remember that I have a blog and I need to tend to it!)

Now, about that fun concert stuff! Sterling and I volunteer for an organization called Rock Med. The program is part of the Haight Ashbury free clinics, and we provide free medical care to concert goers. We love the organization, and everything they do, so last year we decided to volunteer. The best part, you get to see so many amazing shows! Last night we saw Elton John and Billy Joel in Oakland, and it was so incredible. I have always wanted to see Elton John, and now I have! I've loved Elton since I was in high school, his music is always so fun, and so easy to listen to. Even more incredible was getting to see Billy Joel with him, they did so many duets, dualing pianos, etc. to a sold out crowd. I'm still dancing!

Happy Valentines Day to everyone... watch out for that chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment