Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A little bit of snuggly love



WOW! What a quick project! This is the lavande pattern courtesy of Robin Ulrich on Ravelry. And I love it. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I knit this with nobody in particular in mind, but I knew that I was going to take this from a small neck warmer, to a full size buttonable scarf. I succeeded! I used Misti Alpaca chunky which is a smaller guage yarn than called for, but I love the openness of the knit. It's so pretty, and the recipient loved it. I gave it to Sterling's mom for Valentines day, and she looked so cute in it. Perfect size! I can't wait to make many more for gifts, since it only takes one day to knit, and one skein of yarn.

I've been working on the hat I started for Sterling, and I can't wait to show it off. He is so excited to wear it to Phil Lesh's 70th birthday party in March... and I can't wait to see how happy he is to have it on!

Work has been extra hard today. The sunshine is coming straight through the window like it's taunting me. The landscapers are outside mowing the lawn and trimming all the trees, and the smell of the fresh cut grass makes me want to go lay in the sunshine with some knitting or a really good book. I work on the most beautiful college campus and walked durring my lunch hour to the other side of campus. The flowers are blooming everywhere, the birds are happy and chirping, and everyone is outside eating lunch. Days like this make me wish I were somewhere else, like the beach or out hiking. I've been planning some make believe camping trip in my head the last few weeks, and now the urge to actually do it has taken over. I must get back to work now... reading reviews for a new tent!

No comments:

Post a Comment